In case you’re not signed up for our newsletters (shame on you!), here’s our latest send-out:
Hello breathtaking newsletter readers!
We are back from vacation, tan and ready to make our move down the street!
Good News #1
We have a class schedule! We’ve been getting requests for classes since we opened our doors two years ago and now we will finally have room to do it!
Here’s November’s schedule (click here for class descriptions and December’s schedule):
* November 10th: Artist Trading Cards with Brandie Butcher-Isley from 6 to 8:30
* November 12th: Book Page Wreaths with Leslie Poyzer from 7 to 9
* November 17th: Knitting with Jen Geigley from 7 to 9
* November 24th: Embroidery with Sarah Duede from 7 to 9
Good News #2
Holiday Promenade is happening Friday, November 20th from 5 to 9 pm. Stop by the east village for ice skating, caroling, santa, sleigh rides, and of couse our (maybe) overindulgent dessert bar!
Good News #3
In conjunction with Race for the cure, we’re hostng a very special cupcake day in honor of our tough-as-nails compadre Steph Phillips. I have been lucky enough to count Steph as one of my favorite people for over half my life. To know her is to love her (I’ve found that her gigantic smile and great sense of humor make it hard not to). I can also say that she makes for a very tidy and polite roommate as our first two years at Iowa were spent together in our super, super tiny dorm room.
Although we would love it if everything in life was sunshine and butterflies, it seems that those pesky clouds and gnats sometimes get in the way. In August, our 27 year old friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. While receiving treatment, she continues to be the brave and adventurous sort that she happens to be to the core, and keeps her focus on becoming healthy enough to take advantage of the great snowboard season ahead in her beloved Colorado mountains and being able to keep fixing those who are broken at the Vail Valley Medical Center where she is a nurse.
As always, Cupcake Day! is our way of putting some good into the world free of charge. This time is no different but, please know, that this time around we will happily and gladly take donations in exchange for our pretty pink cupcakes to put toward Steph’s medical expenses. We’d love to send a little ephemera love from the place that she calls home and we’d be honest-to-goodness thrilled if you’d like to take part in that.
If you’re interested in learning more about Steph head to her blog
Good News #4
November 3rd is fast approaching! Little Miss ephemera will proudly open her doors at her new location – 505 e. locust street! Don’t forget to check our blog for updates!
Good News #5
10 Inspirations are back by popular demand!
1. Be Grateful: “Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy – because we will always want to have something else or something more.”
- Brother David Steindl-Rast
2. Read: “A Homemade Life” by Molly Wizenberg. I can’t even tell you why you’ll like it, I just know you will.
3. Get Warm: Stop in and buy yourself a super soft, super cozy neck-cowl by Hey! Jen Renee
4. Do A Simple Act Of Kindness: Our friends at Bethany sometimes surprise us with caramels from Van Veen Chocolates. It’s small and it’s simple and it always brightens our day!
5. Surprise Yourself: The leaves are gorgeous this fall! Find a pretty, fallen leaf and smash it between the pages of a book. Next time you read the book, it’ll be a nice surprise!
6. Shop Local: Head down to Market day this Saturday and support local crafters!
7. Be Friendly: Make a friendship bracelet! It’s the tie that binds!
8. Travel: I realize that this might be easier said than done, but a break from your daily routine will give you a whole new perspective on things. Especially if you do nothing but lie on a beach for a week!
9. Pretend You’re French: Nothing makes a person feel fancier than pretending to be French while listening to Pink Martini! Ooh la la!
10. Visit: Ephemera. Stop in to chat and see what’s new!
Lots of love and sunshine and butterflies,
-karen and arin
Share on Facebook